1. Informative and well-maintained product detail page
To increase your sales, we recommend that you check the quality of your offers’ product data. The product details page (PDP) is where customers usually spend the longest time and decide whether to make a purchase. You can get customers excited about your offer on the product details page and encourage them to make the purchase.
The following factors are crucial for creating successful product data:
- clear and comprehensive information about the product
- a descriptive title with a keyword-optimised description: describe the benefits, not the features
- all important data can be read at a glance
- high-quality product images
- our service partner DoMyShoot makes it easy for sellers to create high-quality product photos. Find out more!
- category-specific attributes
- appropriate main and subcategory
Detailed product data offers customers a comprehensive buying experience and increases the repurchase rate.
Maintenance of mandatory and optional attributes
When creating product data, the mandatory attributes are a core specification and provide the customer with the most important information about the item. With the help of further optional information such as colour, length or width (depending on the product category), you can optimise your product presentation, make your offer more attractive and minimise the potential for complaints and returns.
Optional attributes are also crucial for correct variant creation and influence how easily your offers are found on the Kaufland marketplaces. This data is also indexed by external marketing channels such as Google Shopping, which we use for your marketplace offers. You can find further information on mandatory and optional attributes in our Product Data Guidelines.